WHAT TO WEAR?
BABY LIFESTYLE: Have a few outfits handy for baby. Adults either have a layered item, like a cardigan, wrap or over shirt, that you can take off half way through, or have a completely different outfit to change into.
FAMILY LIFESTYLE: Be yourselves. If you’d like some guidance I’d say maybe laid-back colours for parents and brighter for kids.
EVERYONE: There are some general requests (not rules) across all ages because these things can be distracting in a photograph, particularly if there is more than one person in the shot, and someone is wearing one of these:
- Avoid high contrast patterns or stripes
- No fluorescent colours unless they’re sun protection wear for the kids
- Patterns are best if they’re subtle. That said, there are some beautiful fabric designs but it’s safer to stay with muted tones and low contrast colours, or solid colours
- No large logos on t-shirts or clothing
- In direct light white clothing tends to photograph too brightly, muted colours are better
You don’t need to be colour coordinated with each other, but staying within a tonal range is recommended. For example, everyone in light to medium tones, or medium to dark tones.